Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Retexture Artists Interviews #2 - Phantomazing



Phantomazing is an amazing artist/retexturer and overall a very nice guy! It was nice chatting with him considering that he has really good grammar, good answering ethics, and so forth! I have so much to say to him, and about him but, until further a due...
The Interview!

-This was hosted through a live chat-

[NG47]ninjaguy47: Hello Phantomazing!
Phantomazing: SUp.
Phantomazing: *Sup
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, are you stoked for your interview?
Phantomazing: Sure.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Because I know I am!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: :D
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Okay, so lets get started!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Question 1!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What retextures have you gotten published so far, and what was your strategy to get them published?
Phantomazing: Here are my 5 published Retextures: Death's Bowler, Holly Jolly Bowtie, The Charles Babbage Faberge Egg, American Woman, and Red, White, and Bowtie.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: I like the Charles Babbage.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Really cool retexture.
Phantomazing: My strategy was following this simple guideline: To make a retexture that is unique, would sell well, and something brighteyes would like.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Man, thats actually one of the best strategies I've heard!
Phantomazing: Indeed.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, on to question 2!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: hich retexturer that is not well-known do you think has the most potential?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Which*
Phantomazing: Of mine or someone elses?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Someone elses.
Phantomazing: I'd have to go with http://www.roblox.com/Dream-Eater-item?id=75461691
Phantomazing: Spooky and detailed.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Oh, no I meant retexturer.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Not a retexture
[NG47]ninjaguy47: LOL XD
Phantomazing: Derp
Phantomazing: Well, I'd go with Regilord. He was my partner in the 2012 Halloween COntest. We communicated very well, and ended up winning c:
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yup, I remember that!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Question 3!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Whats your personal favorite of all the retextures on ROBLOX? (Not including yours.)
Phantomazing: Retextures or retexturers?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Retextures.
Phantomazing: I'd say http://www.roblox.com/Stars-and-Stripes-Sparkle-Time-Fedora-item?id=117636511. Very clever.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Wow, okay cool!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Really good retexture!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: On to Question 4!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What inspired you to retexture? And, how did your first one turn out?
Phantomazing: Believe it or not, curiosity lead me to retexturing. I was goofing around in studio, and I insterted a hat through free models, and I noticed the TextureID properties in decals and the hat. And I took the hat's texture and put it on the wall, took a screenshot, and edited it in Paint.NET. This was the result. http://www.roblox.com/Phantomazing-Cap-item?id=44620315
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Lol, really cool.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Mario-Based?
Phantomazing: Sure, let's go with that,
[NG47]ninjaguy47: LOL XD
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Okay.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What paint program do you use? And, do you have any tips on that paint program for other users?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Question 5!
Phantomazing: I use Paint.NET. My tips for that program is to play around with all the filters and tools to see what you can make. Also, I'd suggest downloading plugins. Google Paint.net plugins and the first result is a paint.net forum with plenty of excellent filters.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Like Megalo.
Phantomazing: I like BoltBait and Pyrochild.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Cool.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, Question 6!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Who was your main inspiration for your retexturing?
Phantomazing: Telamon (now known as Shedletsky). So one day, I was derping around on Telamon's profile, and I saw a group he was in called "Retexture Artists Official Channel". I clicked on it, and I found out it was about making hats for the catalog. So I wanted to try to make my own retextures, and see if they could become official hats,
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah, I know what you mean.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: I liked him better as Telamon.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, Question 7!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: How many takes have you accumlated from your retextures?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: accumulated*
Phantomazing: I'd say around 2000-2250 takes from all my retextures, over 50% being from my sock.
Phantomazing: SOCKS FTW
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yup, I am supporting the Sock!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: The sock is the boss, man, I hope it gets published!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Question 8!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What was it like for you starting out retexturing?
Phantomazing: I was chock full of enthusiasm and ideas for retextures. It was something new for me, and I could make whatever I want.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah I understand that.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Usually when your young your a lot more energetic.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, Question 9!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What is one of the hardest textures you've retextured?
Phantomazing: This: http://www.roblox.com/The-General-of-ROBLOX-item?id=119679476 It was inspired by the Team Captain from TF2. I spent 2 whole hours making and perfecting it. Sadly, it's not very well known.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Isn't the team captain liek 2 keys?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: like*
Phantomazing: Clean = 1 key. Dirty = 4 ref or so.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, Question 10!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What is one of the easiest textures you've retextured?
Phantomazing: I'd say http://www.roblox.com/The-Insane-Flesh-Eater-item?id=93539643. I just made the skull green, added a rotten flesh texture, and added some homemade eyes.
Phantomazing: And yellowed the teeth
[NG47]ninjaguy47: That was really good.
Phantomazing: All right, thanks for interviewing me bud!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Your welcome!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Hey, man, it was good chatting!
Phantomazing: Indeed.

I had a fun time interviewing, if you would for me to review someone else for next time just post a comment, or drop a personal message on my ROBLOX! See ya later guys!
Thanks for Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment