Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Retexture Artists Interviews #3 - NonstopEpic

NonstopEpic was fun to interview, and overall a nice guy. He leaks, he retextures, he builds, and he scripts! A multi-talented individual and has had to retextures published, for valentines day! Both Love Song Headphones and 8-Bit Heart! One a tie, and headphones, DA DA DA DOUBLE KILL! So, time for the interview!

Interview -

[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, hello NonstopEpic!
NonstopEpic: Hello there!!!!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: I have 10 questions about your retexturing carerr.
NonstopEpic: xd
[NG47]ninjaguy47: career*
NonstopEpic: ok sounds cool
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, here it is, question 1!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: 1.What retextures have you gotten published so far, and what was your strategy to get them published?
NonstopEpic: I've had two retextures published so far, 8 Bit Heart, and Love Song Headphones.
NonstopEpic: well as for my strategy
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah, I purchased both of em'.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Big fan of em'.
NonstopEpic: I wasn't really expecting both of them to be published
NonstopEpic: I made both just for fun and I didn't have any other retexture ideas at the time.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Cool, thats kinda what I do!
NonstopEpic: When BrightEyes announced she was taking valentines retextures, I sent them to her via the forums and she liked them.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Awesome!
NonstopEpic: then like two days later i found both textures in the backlog
NonstopEpic: and thats about it
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Great, I like to hear that you look forward to your retextures being published, and so forth.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, on to question 2!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: You ready?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: :P
NonstopEpic: yep :)
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Great! Question 2 : Which retexturer that is not well-known do you think has the most potential?
NonstopEpic: hmmm
NonstopEpic: I haven't been up to date lately as for rising retexturers but if I had to choose one
NonstopEpic: well actually two because
NonstopEpic: o wait
NonstopEpic: "not well known"
NonstopEpic: o ok
NonstopEpic: well in all seriousness probably you or bboomba
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Well, thanks!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Bboomba is a great friend of mine, and I talk to him alot!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Alot, trust me!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: LOL XD
NonstopEpic: yeah, honestly if you or bboomba sent theeasterzombie a set of retextures i'm sure he'd let you into RAOC
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Thanks, I need alot of feedback on my retextures.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, if you could like send me a message about it, that would be great!
NonstopEpic: yeah hopefully this halloween many retextures will get published
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yup, so, question 3?...
NonstopEpic: ok!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: :D
[NG47]ninjaguy47: 3. Whats your personal favorite of all the retextures on ROBLOX? (Not including yours.)
NonstopEpic: hmmm tough choice but
NonstopEpic: my favorite retexture last year was the overseer eye but currently i think my favorite unpublished retexture is the crazed druid of the forest by darkgenex
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah, that one is pretty epic.
NonstopEpic: it's the best retexture of that hoodthing that came out on 4/1/12 and deserves more recognition compared to his other retextures
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Agreed.
NonstopEpic: he should definitely ad bomb it in october, just sayin
[NG47]ninjaguy47: LOL XD Yeah.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, question 4?
NonstopEpic: yes pls
[NG47]ninjaguy47: 4. What inspired you to retexture? And, how did your first one turn out?
NonstopEpic: Well I was inspired to retexture a few months after I joined ROBLOX
NonstopEpic: the idea of changing a mesh's imagery seemed like a cool idea to me and i've been into graphics design for a while now
NonstopEpic: my first retextures were not that good
NonstopEpic: they looked like things from microsoft paint
NonstopEpic: some examples
NonstopEpic: http://www.roblox.com/Candy-Cane-Headphones-item?id=67010008
NonstopEpic: http://www.roblox.com/Dominus-Blarghus-item?id=60946003
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah.
NonstopEpic: http://www.roblox.com/Orange-Lightning-Cap-item?id=60889206 <-- first one
[NG47]ninjaguy47: I started with whole textured.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: textures*
NonstopEpic: http://www.roblox.com/Cyborg-Glasses-item?id=61714686
[NG47]ninjaguy47: I basically made an image, than put it in a decal, than slapped it on a hat.
NonstopEpic: you get the idea
NonstopEpic: cool
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, I kind of understand what you did.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Question 5!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What paint program do you use? And, do you have any tips on that paint program for other users?
NonstopEpic: over time i changed programs and got better tho
NonstopEpic: ok so
NonstopEpic: i originally used a free online service called "sumo paint" but that really isnt meant for high quality graphics and details
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah, I did that too.
NonstopEpic: i used paint.net for a month or two but then
NonstopEpic: i got a new laptop with photoshop elements 9 installed on it for free (it was part of a deal on the laptop)
NonstopEpic: and since then i've been using that version of photoshop
NonstopEpic: my tips for that program:
[NG47]ninjaguy47: That sound look a good deal.
NonstopEpic: photoshop elements isn't really meant for creating entirely new images
NonstopEpic: (its technically a photo enhancing program)
NonstopEpic: but it has tons of filters including in it that you can manipulate to change images dramatically
NonstopEpic: feel free to use filters for changing details on an item's texture before you get to developing the texture from scratch
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah, I use Photoshop too.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Good tip, bro.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Also do you mind if I ask you an additional question at the end?
NonstopEpic: sure
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Question 6!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: :D
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Who was your main inspiration for your retexturing?
NonstopEpic: hmm
NonstopEpic: probably ibarragei
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah, I met him.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Also, I interviewed him, if you would like to check that out.
NonstopEpic: ya, he’s nice and is amazing at retextures
NonstopEpic: cool
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah, he's overall a nice guy, and he gives me feedback sometimes.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, question 7?
[NG47]ninjaguy47: You ready? :P
NonstopEpic: sure
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Awesome!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: How many takes have you accumulated from your retextures?
NonstopEpic: hmmm
NonstopEpic: tough question
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Yeah.
NonstopEpic: i would say around 200 to 500
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Like roughly.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Okay, cool.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Roughly?
NonstopEpic: roughly around 250
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Okay, cool.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: So, question 8!
[NG47]ninjaguy47: What was it like for you starting out retexturing?
NonstopEpic: When I started out retexturing, there weren't as many groups and retexturers as there are now. It was hard to get feedback on retextures and tips for improvement, so I had to improve by developing my graphics skills on my own.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Now for question 9! What is one of the hardest textures you've retextured?
NonstopEpic : I would probably say the hardest thing I've ever tried to retexture is the Ice Crown. The texture map on that is practically impossible to retexture.
[NG47]ninjaguy47: Now for question 10! What is one of the easiest textures you've retextured?
NonstopEpic : Definitely the classic roblox tie. The texture map on that is so smooth and not weird unlike many other texture maps for ROBLOX hats, making it easy to make a smooth and nice texture for it.

Well, thats it for today! More interviews coming soon! Until then... this has been ninjaguy47!

Thanks for Being Epic,


No comments:

Post a Comment