Sunday, July 28, 2013

Retexture Artists Interviews #1 - Errorless

Errorless has had 4 retextures published, a successful LMAD'er and a nice guy overall, he has accumulated lots of takes on his retextures, has one of the biggest retexturing groups, and got some published! He has a really good retexturing future ahead of him! So, I decided to message him some questions to answer, and he answered! So here it is, bro's and gals!

Questions :

1. What retextures have you gotten published so far, and what was your strategy to get them published?

Green Warrior, Celtic Warrior, American Commando, and Overseer's Minion. My strategy was to use the Holidays to get the retextures published easier while making a cool hat that could also be used a worn any day of the year, or make it cool enough to remove it from the notion that it should be only worn on Holidays. My best example of this is Green Warrior, which was released for Earth Day and is still onsale today. It's the most popular helm on roblox to date.

2. Which retexturer that is not well-known do you think has the most potential?

mickymack and AQUARAIDER1

3. Whats your personal favorite of all the retextures on ROBLOX? (Not including yours.)

PSTF/Frig if it's published and Opal Warrior by IBarrageI if it's not published

4. What inspired you to retexture? And, how did your first one turn out?

The skater hat ): Indy inspired me to published. My first retexture was quite good! http://www.roblox.com/Sepia-Darkslide-item?id=47752963

5. What paint program do you use? And, do you have any tips on that paint program for other users?

Paint.net! Use the Megalo Plugin Pack for pdn.

6. Who was your main inspiration for your retexturing?

No one, myself if anyone.

7. How many takes have you accumulated from your retextures?

Thousands, but I don't judge by takes. This is a set of all of my retextures taken by admins. http://www.roblox.com/My/Sets.aspx?id=621656

8. What was it like for you starting out retexturing?

Pretty smooth and easy but I was quite arrogant and did not like others saying my work was bad. In just two months I got accepted into the official retexturing group, but I was kicked the next day for posting rude stuff on a mean rival's retexture.

9. What is one of the hardest textures you've retextured?

http://www.roblox.com/item.aspx?setItemId=11346910&avID=208256138 The actual hat and texture map is not hard, but the entire retexture was hand drawn. Took me a few days. Obsidian Commando was a hard hat to retexture because I had to get the flag just right.

10. What is one of the easiest textures you've retextured?

My first unofficial retexture before the darkslide, which was a gift. I made it in response to one of my friends removing me and not being my friend anymore. Valkyre Helm was also pretty easy.

It was nice interviewing him through messaging, but, we will have a Live Interview (Steam Chat, Skype, and so forth) with plenty more retexturers! I hope you enjoyed that, because I did!

Thanks for Reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment